The Canucks often melt down defensively when they lose a d-man to injury or ejection; think of the 6-3 loss in game 2 of the 2009 second-round series vs. the Hawks when Sammi Salo injured himself taking a slap shot. . .or the 8-1 loss in game 3 of the 2011 Cup finals vs. Boston when Aaron Rome was ejected for his hit on Nathan Horton. The solution? Have a forward who can drop back to the blueline whenever a d-man is lost to injury or ejection. And Keith Ballard could be exactly that guy! For details, see my post over at ‘NUCKS MISCONDUCT.
- “The Great Santorelli”: Why His Recent Productivity is No Surprise to Me
- Why not this Simple Tweak to the NHL’s “Suspension” Rules?
- Hodgson-Kassian Trade Not as Lopsided as it May Seem
- Alfredsson Chooses Detroit as Best Route to Stanley Cup?. . .REALLY???
- Could this homemade DVD be the “Key” to a Stanley Cup Win for the Canucks??